Dental Insurance - La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Your Short Guide to Dental Insurance
More than half of the country has some form of dental insurance, and while this is great news, there’s just one problem—no plan really tells someone how to get the most out of it. This leads to a lot of confusion, and one of the most common questions we hear every day is, “Does my insurance cover this?” At Harry T. Albert, DDS, we accept many different insurance plans, and not only that, but we’ll work with you to help you understand your coverage and maximize it at every appointment. Read our short dental insurance guide below to learn how we can help you save at your next appointment.
Understanding How Dental Insurance Works
The key thing to understand about dental insurance comes down to one word: prevention. Most plans are focused on making treatments like checkups and cleanings as affordable as possible so patients can be proactive with their care and stop small problems before they become major concerns. By primarily using your plan to pay for preventive treatments, you’ll be taking great care of your smile and wallet at the same time.
What Your Dental Insurance Plan Covers
Building on what we just talked about, most dental insurance plans have a benefits structure that looks something like this:
- Preventive services are covered 80-100% (checkups, cleanings, X-rays, fluoride treatments)
- Restorative services are covered 50-70% (fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, extractions)
- Cosmetic services are NOT covered because they are elective (whitening, veneers)
- Orthodontic services receive a set, lifetime benefit, but this may only apply to metal braces for children 18 and under.
While insurance can be a big help if you develop a cavity or broken tooth, by far the best way to use it is to mainly cover your twice-a-year checkups and cleanings.
We Offer In-Network Savings & Welcome Out-of-Network Providers
If you have dental insurance, we more than likely accept it. We’re in-network with many popular plans and are happy to work with out-of-network policies as well. To learn how we could use your particular plan at your next visit, be sure to give us a call. Our team can go over your coverage with you, answer any questions you might have, and give you a rough estimate of what you’ll need to pay out of pocket. Here are some of the popular providers we are currently in-network with:
- Delta Dental
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
- + many more! Don't see your plan here? It doesn't mean we dont' take it! In fact, we accept most dental insurance plans. Contact us to learn more.